Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Tales of a fourth grade...something

I enrolled my kids in public school for the first time last week. They've adjusted very well from their homeschool environment to the jaws of government-run "socialization." I'll speak my mind about that later. It really has been great for them (and me) for lots of reasons. But the timing, oh my goodness. My 4th grader has already come home with
  • an eye witness account of three boys getting sent to the principal's office (shocked the bejeebies out of her!)
  • 4th grade camp packet
  • two requests for money
  • the permission slip to watch the "Growth and Development" video

Um. Yeah. Welcome to the world of public education! Seriously though, it's been a great exerience so far and the kids are loving going to school. I'm not getting anything more done at home because I took away JD and MG's playmates and my helpers. But I am free from the full weight of that responsibility. Refreshment is definitely what I need.

No comments: