Friday, April 4, 2008

Inaugural post

I'm so inspired by my fellow bloggers, I've decided to spend my spare 8 minutes a day diffusing my thoughts onto a keyboard. And for this first post, how better to utilize this space than by sharing a glimpse of the other 1,432 minutes.

I have four precious kiddos that keep me more than busy (precious is used here kind of like "bless his heart"). The youngest, JD, is two and a half. Um-hm. It's a good thing he's so cute. Otherwise I'm not sure he'd have a place to sleep tonight.

Let me recap.

JD is a scientist and loves to experiment with water, wherever he can find it. Sink. Puddles. Fridge door. Toilet. Cups. It's when they get all mixed together that I get a little freaked out. But when he discovered his bathroom step stool has a hinged lid and a cup was handy, he got the bright idea to fill up that little storage compartment with water. Not sure where the water came from. I'm really hoping it was the sink, because, of course, the step stool storage compartment isn't meant to hold water. By the time I found him the floor was flooded.

JD is also quite artistic. He has lots of different canvases: important papers, walls, hardwood floors, himself. And today his medium of choice was stamps - on the wall. Mind you we have a brand new house. Told ya it was a good thing he was cute.

JD is really into taking off dirty diapers. It's such a precious thing to find him bouncing on the sofa, diaperless.

JD is content in the bathtub. He's often with a brother in the tub and (ahem) supervised. But when biggest brother was doubled over with a stomach ache, I decided I better check out webMD to see if we were having an appendicitis attack. I should've known better. JD decided he was done with his bath and got his wet self out of the tub, dripped to his bedroom where he did the whole fling-the-clothes-out-of-the-drawer-until-I-find-my-favorite-jammies thing.

That's one of the four children.

And that's just today.

No comments: