Monday, April 21, 2008

Help Me, Doctor!

Deep breath in. Deep breath out. Deep breath in. Deep breath out.

I'm completely inept at leading a medical mission team. I've never led any kind of team. Never been on a medical team. And here I am leading a medical team. What is God thinking?! I know He has called me to this mission. I have seen His hand at work. I have a completely staffed team with folks on the waiting list. The only space left is for a physician, which I don't have. And I've just been turned down by about the fifth doctor.

I've been trying to be so positive about it. There's got to be a really magnificent reason God is waiting so long to bring us a doctor. I did, just last week, receive an email from a lady I was about to email and ask for the exact information she sent me.

Or maybe I haven't heard Him right. Maybe I'm too frazzled to lead this team. Plain ol' inept.
I keep thinking of Pastor Mike's tried and true adage:

God doesn't call the qualified; He qualifies the called.

Oh boy, am I bankin' on that one.


No comments: