Friday, April 11, 2008

Marbles...at least the ones that aren't completely lost

Laundry is a curse of the devil. I shouldn't have to do laundry until the drawers are empty. Unfortunately, that means I have a Mt. Everest of blue jeans and dirty underwear in my closet. Guess I should rebuke the curse and pray for a miracle.

I have too many opinions and need to learn to leave some of them in my head. Although, what good is an opinion if it isn't voiced?

Sure wish I could lose this 10 extra pounds by flipping past "Get Ripped in 90 Days" for the eleventh time. I'm going to get it off by summer. We have a subdivision pool now, for cryin' out loud.

Who decides the "preparation time" on recipes anyway? I only try ones that say 15 mintues or less because that means I'll actually have something in the oven in about 45.

It's hilarious that I've got my kids eating brownies with spinach in them. And they now prefer the cheap Aldi mac and cheese if I put pureed squash in it. Cracks me up.

Nope. I don't think God would call me away from my family to do His work (see yesterday's post). I think the enemy tries to use the "good" things to keep me from focusing on the "great" things. He's like a mouse - he can get through the smallest holes and wreak havoc on families.

My friend Kelley is inspiring and I wish I could write like her. Her randoms are a hoot. I'll keep trying to learn from her and enjoy her blog.

3 comments:

hippychick said...

Welcome to the world according to blog!! You might want to scan one of my early blogs about laundry. See if you have any of those same feelings. I agree about Kelley. she is a fantastic writer!! Looking forward to readin more of yours too. Where did you guys move to?

Kelley said...

Thanks so much for your sweet words, girls. I really can't tell you how much your encouragement means.

Jennifer said...

hippychick - loved your laundry post. I think it does repopulate - like rabbits!
kelley - you're my hero!