Friday, September 19, 2008

I'm gonna be sore tomorrow

Today was my husband's birthday and since his love language is "acts of service," I did some things around the house that have been on his to-do list. And since they were put on his to-do list by moi, it was a humble act of love (see previous post on how I do with humility) to cross them off the weighty mental list.

So, today I moved a piano from the dining room (yeah, why was it there in the first place?) to the study. Yep. Sure did. Yep. By myself. Well and with the help of these things and a barely three year old. He really did help. Craftily figured out how to protect the wood floor, too. Nary a scratch on anything.

I moved the buffet cabinet from the study to the dining room. And reloaded it with all the artsy school supplies that have been disorganized forever.

Moved the sleeper sofa (without the help of these things), train table and entertainment center around in the family room. Which also meant that I had to move these dadgum things, too. And when there's nine of them filled to the gills with toys and games, they pretty much fall apart. A less short-cut prone person would have taken the junk out first, but, well, I just don't do that. I'm discovering that short cuts are rarely short. Kinda like the self-check line at Wal-Mart.

And I baked a birthday cake - no box involved, but plenty of egg whites and unsweet chocolate. And got the dishes washed and kitchen mostly clean. Threw in a load of laundry. Made a trip to the store for a card for hubby. And still cooked dinner.

I didn't take a shower today.

1 comment:

Kelley said...

You baked a cake from scratch?! I'm impressed, lady!

Your last line made me laugh out loud. You're the best.