Sunday, September 7, 2008

And that's just today...

A few things to note from today:

After ten and a half years of continuous diapers (that's over 10,000 diapers I've changed!), the Longs are officially a diaper-free family! Hallelujah!

Now that Jacob is completely potty-trained, I don't always know when he needs my assistance. Independent child that he his, he takes care of things himself. Apparently a whole roll of toilet paper was perceived as necessary, and low-flush toilets don't handle whole rolls of toilet paper too well. When I discovered the obstruction, water had filled the bathroom area and the sink area about a quarter inch. Oh joy. Thank goodness for big towels and Clorox spray.

In the two year old room at church today, we had one child without underwear, two unique dance performances, one proudly displayed belly tattoo, 2 screamers and one little girl with sequins in her diaper (??????). Never a dull moment.

After adhering a cool tattoo to his well-defined 8-year-old bicep, Grant told me, "I wish there was a tattoo that said Johnny." Okay. Why? "Because when I grow up I'm going to change my name to Johnny." Okay. Why????

Matthew doesn't get too wordy (aww, I know, he takes after me) and rarely voices his opinion (again, just like me). But tonight he sweetly informed me for the first time, "Just to remind you, I don't like orange vitamin C." Note taken. I'll keep that in mind.

It still cracks me up that people think I have such a big family with my four kids. I really don't feel that I'm all that abnormal. Just to prove that I'm not, we invited five of Jacob's little friends for his birthday party tonight. We made it a family deal. That added up to 22 kids!


Disclaimer: Not all of the events happened just today, but they did happen within the last 24 hours. In case I run for public office someday, I wouldn't want anyone to think that I stretched the truth and was dishonest and would stop at nothing to further my blogging agenda. That would be a terrible blow my credibility.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So are you thinking about running for public office? This is something you ought to share with your best friend ya' know! HaHa! Truth be told I think you'd be great at it!
Jan